Julie Dawn Fox in Portugal’s mission is to showcase Portugal and inspire people to spend time (and money) here.
This award-winning Portugal travel / expat blog aims to:
- provide readers with insider knowledge and useful information to help them make the most out of travelling in or moving to Portugal
- inspire and entertain readers with interesting images and stories based on personal experiences of Portugal
- focus on Portuguese food, cultural and art-related events as well as off-the-beaten track places and quirky venues.
I am open to press trips within Portugal, either as a solo traveller or with my husband. I’m based in central Portugal which means I can easily travel to any region of the country that you are trying to promote. I’m interested in anything from city trips, spa breaks and river cruises to exploring the countryside on moderately active holidays.
Reviews and partnerships
- tour companies - I am interested in reviewing tours and potentially forming partnerships with tour companies based in Portugal
- hotels, especially unique, historical or boutique - I am willing to write honest reviews and /or include recommended hotels in sponsored posts featuring specific destinations
- restaurants - again, I am happy to review restaurants, bars and other establishments
- events - I enjoy cultural events and am happy to consider invitations to review them
My readers include:
- potential tourists, especially independent travellers looking for ideas and travel recommendations
- Portuguese people based here and around the world who enjoy reading my observations of Portugal
- people who are considering moving to Portugal
- expats based in Portugal and other countries who relate to the experiences of living abroad
They say things like:
“I always enjoy reading Julie’s blog. I visit Central Portugal whenever I can and her articles and fabulous photographs certainly make me want to explore further afield on my next visit. A truly talented travel writer!”
“I have a deep understanding of Portugal and its people. My parents were born there, I have visited and conducted business in two of its major cities, and I have been active in the Portuguese – American community for over forty years. Julie’s blog is the best I have read (and follow) in both Portuguese and English. She has captured the character and personality of the people, her appreciation of the country’s history is surprisingly good and her taste in what is on offer in the rural areas she visits in her travels mirrors my own. She is most deserving of “five stars”.”
“Well written, warm, informative and with a sense of humour. Great blog for the highs and lows of being an expat in Portugal.”
Blog statistics as at June 2013:
8000+ page views per month
3800+ visits (3000+ are unique visitors)
Visitors are mostly English speakers based in:
- Portugal (24%)
- USA (22%)
- UK (15%)
- Canada (6%)
- Australia (3%)
57% are women and the age range peaks in the 35-44 bracket.
Please email me at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss your ideas or for more details.