If you have a product or service that’s of use to people who want to travel in Portugal or live in Portugal, it may be appropriate to pay for a sponsored post on Julie Dawn Fox in Portugal to promote it.
Unlike paid advertising slots, your sponsored post will remain on Julie Dawn Fox in Portugal for as long as my blog exists, which means you’ll continue to get traffic from search engines and my readers long after your one-off initial investment.
You also benefit from the promotion of your post through my social media channels.
I work hard to maintain the quality and integrity of Julie Dawn Fox in Portugal and to give good value to my readers. For these reasons, I only accept sponsored posts that are relevant and useful and not purely promotional.
If you want to use a sponsored post to create interest in your product or service, you have two options:
1. As a professional freelance writer and blogger, I craft an engaging article based on my own experience, using my photographs where possible. You provide a short paragraph to be included at the end of the article which contains links to the product or service you wish to promote.
2. You provide an original article which has obvious value for my readers and is not purely promotional but which contains links to your product or service. Practical tips, destination suggestions and local attractions or customs and out-of-the-ordinary experiences are most suitable.
Each option has a different price to reflect the service being provided. Please contact me for pricing information and more details about option 1.
In each case, I will make it clear to readers that the post is sponsored.
If you intend to write the article yourself, please read these guidelines carefully before submitting it.
Criteria for sponsored posts:
- Articles need to be entertaining, inspiring and informative, not dry and dull
- The tone should be friendly and informal
- Your content must be unique and not published elsewhere at any time
- The articles must be directly related to travel in Portugal, moving to or living in Portugal and based on personal experience
- Evergreen articles work best, i.e. not tied to specific dates and no news items
- Give the reader practical tips or ideas and be specific, not generic
- Tell them something they don’t already know – i.e. don’t just trot out the standard brochure information about a destination or activity – aim for insider tips and hidden treasures, local customs and highlights, tried and tested techniques
- Please check your facts carefully
- No more than 3 links, please
- Articles should be between 400-700 words long
- Please feel free to run your ideas past me first.
What about photographs?
- You need to supply 3-4 photographs to illustrate the post
- Please provide details of the image so that I can caption and credit them appropriately.
- Images must be properly licensed and not in breach of copyright
- If you use photos from Flickr, make sure you only use images with a Creative Commons licence that covers commercial use
- If you have no suitable photographs, I may be able to supply images for an additional fee – please contact me to find out if I have anything suitable.
- Alternatively, you could buy royalty free photos from shutterstock or istockphoto
What happens next?
- Email me your article and photographs
- I will proofread the text and correct minor mistakes
- If the article is unsuitable for my readers or needs major reworking, I will contact you to discuss your options
- Once the article is accepted, I will format the article with headings and include tags, photo captions and keywords to help readers and search engines find your post
- I will publish posts by others in order of acceptance at a rate of one per week maximum, including guest posts
- When I publish your post, I will send you a link to it and an invoice. Payment will be via PayPal.
Thank you for your interest in Julie Dawn Fox in Portugal. If you have any questions, please contact me.