Like me, you’re keen to explore Portugal beyond the tourist hot spots and develop a deeper connection with local people and their culture.
You want to taste, feel, smell and hear as well as see for yourself what makes Portugal so special. I’m here to help you find those unique cultural experiences.
Creating your ideal Portugal itinerary requires detailed research and careful planning but we all know how time-consuming and stressful that can be.
The right information often proves elusive or you quickly feel overwhelmed by the myriad of tempting options.
Wouldn’t planning your trip be so much easier if you had a local expert on hand?
“Working with Julie was highly informative, her insights were very useful, the information she shared was exactly what we were looking for and she is a delight to work with.” – Lance Dublin
Tap into my insider’s knowledge of Portugal
Since moving to Portugal in 2007, I’ve travelled extensively throughout Portugal on my own, with my husband and with friends and family.
I’ve discovered its most enchanting spots including many you won’t find in guidebooks, not even the DK Eyewitness Guides I’ve contributed to.
I’ve learned which places are worth your time and effort and which tourist traps are best avoided.
I’ve also learned what pitfalls to watch out for and how you can avoid costly, frustrating or embarrassing mistakes.
Itinerary Coaching can save you time and stress
- Do you get excited by planning your own trips and creating itineraries?
- Are you happy to make your own bookings for hotels, flights, car hire and tours?
- Is it difficult for you to find the time to research properly?
- Do you quickly get overwhelmed by the myriad of options?
If yes, my Itinerary Coaching service is designed for you.
You get to keep the fun, freedom and flexibility of piecing together your own itinerary.
Just far more efficiently.
If you’re too busy to start planning a trip to Portugal from scratch but want to be actively involved in building your uniquely personalised itinerary, Itinerary Coaching is the way to go.
“Thank you SO much for your help – I love travel planning this way – takes a load off us when we have so little time to figure things out. Much appreciated and I will definitely tell others about you.” – Denise Calfo (Itinerary Coaching)
By the end of our scheduled coaching session, you will have created a unique, logical itinerary that maximises your time in Portugal.
This is what you get with Itinerary Coaching:
- I do the bulk of the research for you, saving you up to 80 hours of tedious trawling
- Impartial* personalised suggestions for activities/restaurants/places/tours you’ll adore
- Accommodation options carefully selected to match your dates, tastes and budget
- Portugal travel logistics researched for you so you know how to get from A to B
- My insider tips and practical suggestions for making your trip go smoothly
- Unlimited one-to-one email support for up to 7 days – ask as many questions as you need to make the best choices
- Editable itinerary template to complete and keep as your itinerary takes shape
- All the information you need to go ahead and book your accommodation, transport and any tours with confidence
- 1 x 30-minute Quick Query Skype consultation – ask questions, discuss options and get clarifications before, during or after our 7-day email coaching session
- Portugal Travel Information Essentials PDF
- Portugal Packing List PDF
- Money Saving Tips For Travel In Portugal (PDF), my insider’s guide to getting the best value for money when travelling in Portugal with logistical information about getting to and from major airports in Portugal.
Price: From €199
*I am a travel consultant, not a travel agent. The coaching fee covers my time and knowledge leaving me free to suggest things that are right for you. This includes activities you can do without a guide.
“Julie made it so easy to communicate across many time zones and cultures using Skype, Skype messaging, Google Docs and her blog. Julie is so personable, thoughtful and efficient. It was a pleasure to plan our trip together.” – Lucy Irwin
Complete this form and I’ll email you with a quote and questionnaire
Why pay for Itinerary Coaching?
I don’t work for commissions when I am coaching you. A travel agent who offers to design custom itineraries for free is unlikely to put much effort into elements of your trip that don’t benefit them financially.
My fee covers my time and Portugal travel expertise and gives me the freedom to choose from an unlimited pool of services when I make recommendations to you.
Depending on your preferences, I can suggest things you can do for free/without a guide. I can tell you ways you can save money or give you the contact details of someone who’ll treat you like royalty throughout a tour.
My only criteria are how well these options match your tastes and needs, and their reputation.
I may even be able to get you cheaper prices than a travel agent can offer for certain elements of your trip.
The ultimate decision remains with you, as do the bookings.
Don’t need so much help?
If you just want to pick my brains about a few niggly details, a Quick Query Skype consultation can get your planning on track.
- Book a 30 or 60-minute session to talk through your ideas
- Get help deciding where to go and what to do
- Insider recomendations for activities/restaurants/places
- Links to relevant information for follow up
No time to work on your own Portugal itinerary?
If you’d rather have me design your itinerary to suit your preferences, no problem.
I’ll create an itinerary you’ll love.
You then have the option of booking the elements yourself or working with a local travel agent that I trust to take care of everything for you.Find out more about my itinerary design services
FAQs & Terms and Conditions
BEFORE YOU GO...
If you're interested in visiting or moving to Portugal, why not subscribe for free insider tips and resources?