Planning your ideal trip to Portugal can be time-consuming and stressful if you do it alone, especially if you don’t know the country or are short of research time.
After all, there are countless wonderful and varied destinations and experiences to choose from so it’s easy to feel overwhelmed with options and paralysed by indecision and uncertainty.
Even more so if the weight of responsibility for keeping your travel companions happy rests on your shoulders.
No doubt you want to visit some of the places you’ve seen in magazines and online, or that friends have raved about. But you’re also looking for an experience that’s a bit different from the mainstream and allows you to connect with the local culture and people instead of simply following a well-beaten tourist trail to tick off a list of “Must Sees”.
Skip the hard work and stress of planning a trip to Portugal
My goal is to help you relax and have the best possible time in Portugal, without the stress of research and agony of indecision.
That’s why I’ve designed an exclusive collection of ready-made Portugal itineraries that you can book through my local partner, a fully-licenced boutique travel agency that specialises in culture, food and wine tours.
For the past 11 years, I’ve been using my extensive knowledge of Portugal, gained during the 14 years I’ve lived here, to help independent travellers plan amazing trips to my adopted country.
I’ve designed dozens of custom itineraries for clients and hundreds of my own excursions that have endowed me with a deep love and knowledge of the country from north to south.
My ready-made itineraries incorporate all-time favourites that my clients and I have loved so I’m certain you’ll enjoy them as much as we have done.
What kind of experience are you looking for?
If you’re anything like me, your idea of a perfect holiday involves a combination of:
- exploring ancient towns and cities on foot to absorb the sights, sounds, aromas and flavours to get a feel for the local culture
- visiting historical monuments and museums to learn about a country’s fascinating past
- people watching from cafés in adorable squares
- easy walks in the countryside or glorious gardens
- plenty of Portuguese tiles
- marvellous views
- memorable meals
- wandering through traditional villages
- learning about local crafts
- discovering the joys of Portuguese wine
- staying in gorgeous boutique and historical hotels
My exclusive Portugal tours include:
- my favourite essential sights as well as lesser-known destinations
- a range of cultural and mouth-watering foodie experiences.
- a guide when it will enhance your experience
- free time to explore on your own
- private drivers who will turn the journey between bases into a rewarding sightseeing experience
- expert trip management from a fully-licensed local travel agency before and during your trip so you can relax, knowing that everything is in place and will run smoothly
- 24-hour on-trip support (by phone or email) just in case there is an unanticipated hiccup
- dates that suit you – the only people in your ‘group’ are the ones you bring with you (except when a small group tour forms part of the overall itinerary)
Are these fully-managed Portugal itineraries cheaper than creating and booking your own trip?
Probably not. If you are working to a tight budget and have plenty of time to research and book your own trip, you can do it cheaper.
But what if it wasn’t all about the money?
What you’re getting with these itineraries is the invaluable combination of:
- my insider insights and decisions about where to go and what to do, so you don’t have the burden of choice
- the flexibility and time-saving that comes with having a private driver instead of waiting for trains or trying to find a parking space
- industry discounts on hotels and tours that offset part of the cost of the travel agent’s expert coordination and support
- the comfort and peace of mind of knowing that everything is booked and you haven’t forgotten or mistimed anything
- countless hours of your time that you would have spent researching and putting this trip together on your own
You’ll see a base price for each itinerary if you click on the buttons below.
They are based on 2 people travelling in low season but if your group is larger than 2, the cost per person may well be reduced as the costs of the drivers and private guides will be split between you.
What’s the next step?
The only ‘work’ you need to do is choose your base Portugal itinerary and any extensions, complete the relevant enquiry form(s) and let us know your dates. Note that you will need to arrange your own international flights.
When I get your enquiry form(s), I’ll send you a no-obligation quote for your dates and preferences and we’ll take it from there.
Choose from these ready-to-book Portugal itineraries:
Add one (or more) of these extensions or book it as a short break
What if I need to customise an itinerary?
No problem, if you need to make more than just a couple of tweaks to these ready-made itineraries, we can use my Custom Itinerary Design service to make your trip to Portugal absolutely perfect for you and your companions.
If you’re not sure whether to use one of these ready-made itineraries or any of my other itinerary services, email me: firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll see what I can do to help you decide.
Pin me for later!
BEFORE YOU GO...
If you're interested in visiting or moving to Portugal, why not get my free insider tips and resources?
These emails include new blog posts and relevant products, services and special offers.