Getting nowhere with your Portugal trip planning?
Pick my brains and get insider recommendations to help you make decisions and get back on track.
Who is a Quick Query for?
- You’re so overwhelmed with options that you don’t even know where to start.
- You’ve got your Portugal itinerary sorted but are having trouble trying to figure out one or two vital pieces of the jigsaw.
- You’re torn between a few possible destinations and need some help deciding what’s best for you.
- You need insider suggestions to plan something special for you and your companion.
- You’re wondering about the best way to get around Portugal.
- You’ve heard great things about (insert destination) but aren’t 100% sure it’s worth trying to fit it in.
- You haven’t got time to research suitable accommodations etc.
- You’d like me to review your itinerary and make suggestions for improvement.
“My hour with Julie was not only money well spent, but also a delight. She’s a joy to work with, sharing generously of her expertise and insider knowledge of Portugal. I went into our consultation feeling somewhat overwhelmed–planning a trip can feel like drinking from a firehose, as there’s so much information out there–and came away feeling buoyant. Julie took the stress out of the process, and I’m now in possession of a clear outline for our upcoming adventure, filled with intriguing recommendations for destinations that are keenly attuned to our specific interests and needs. Thank you, Julie!” – Heather Frederick
Why Julie Dawn Fox?
Having lived in Portugal since 2007 and travelled extensively since then, I’m your outsider on the inside. Award-winning Portugal blogger and contributor to DK EyeWitness Travel Guides to Lisbon, Portugal and Europe plus publications like The Huffington Post and Ritz-Carlton Magazine.
What you get with a Quick Query
- My honest, informed opinion about your proposed itinerary
- Suggestions and recommendations for improvements where relevant
- The chance to ask questions to put your mind at ease about the decisions you need to make
- A permanent record of links to useful sites, hotels, tours and information that arise during our session
- Portugal Travel Information Essentials PDF
- Portugal Packing List PDF
How does a Quick Query work?
Quick Query Zoom consultations
These are usually 60-minute voice or video calls via Zoom, during which we talk through your ideas, plans and questions. I’ll make notes in an open email during our call with links, spellings and other key information then send it to you so that you can take any follow up action.
I have found this to be the most efficient way of dealing with as many of your queries as possible.
Cost: €125 for up to 1 hour (VAT included)
You can ask me about any aspect of your trip to Portugal that you need help with. I will answer it during the consultation if possible and send you any relevant links to further information.
You’ll get more out of your consultation if you send your questions to me beforehand so I can start thinking about answers and have information to hand during our session. You can add these to the booking form or send an email response to the confirmation email if you want to attach a document.
“Planning our first international trip has been a little overwhelming. Julie helped with some of our loose ends and pointed out some details I hadn’t thought of and gave us some great recommendations! – Billie Langford
What if I haven’t got Zoom?
The download will start when you join the meeting if you haven’t already installed the software. You can download Zoom in advance if you prefer.
If you’re more comfortable with WhatsApp, we can use that instead.
What if I need more than 60 minutes of your time?
If it becomes apparent during the discussion that you need more help, we can decide how best to proceed at the time.
If you need me to work with you to build your Portugal itinerary from scratch, my itinerary design service might suit you better.
“We’re back from Portugal and had a wonderful trip; you played an integral part. I loved being able to get away on our own by car, and your reassurance made that possible. We also loved your suggestions, including staying overnight at Obidos and stopping at Alcobaca and Busacco, as well as many from your website. Many thanks for the amazing service that you perform! The world would be much more accessible if there were a you in every country.” – Andrea and Allen Hirsch
What do people ask during a Quick Query?
All sorts, but these are typical questions:
- I’ve got a week in Portugal, flying into Lisbon and out of Porto. Can I fit in a trip to the Algarve beaches? I’ve heard they’re stunning and would like to have a day on the beach.
- We’re planning a scouting trip to Portugal – have we picked the right towns and cities to explore?
- Can you recommend a special restaurant in Porto for our last evening? We’d like somewhere that serves traditional Portuguese food in an elegant, romantic setting.
- I’m looking for a small, interesting town to use as a base for a few days while we explore Central Portugal. Can you suggest a suitable place to stay?
- I’ve found a hotel that sounds perfect but I’m not sure about the location – is it too far away from the main sights if we want to walk to them?
- Can you recommend a reliable tour operator/guide who can show us the best bits of the Douro Valley including a boat trip and wine tasting?
- I’d like to visit some of the smaller, non-touristy villages like (insert name of village/town) – should I hire a car or can I manage by public transport? I’d rather not drive if I can avoid it.
Still not sure if a Quick Query is what you need?
Email me (email@example.com) and I’ll consider how best I can help you.
BEFORE YOU GO...
If you're interested in visiting or moving to Portugal, why not get my free insider tips and resources?
These emails include new blog posts and relevant products, services and special offers.