Do you get immense pleasure from getting off the beaten track and exploring under the radar places on your travels? I know I do.
Portugal is full of such hidden treasures and I’d love to help you find them by designing a unique itinerary for you.
Go beyond the pastel de nata, Lisbon trams, port wine and Algarve beaches.
Try regional cakes and savoury delicacies, the freshest of seafood and vinho verde or moscatel wines.
Walk ancient pathways through unspoilt natural parks and countryside, visit traditional villages and charming historical towns.
No time to design your own Portugal itinerary?
Finding these delights and designing a logical, balanced itinerary takes considerable time, effort and insider knowledge.
Trawling through hotel websites, checking opening times, locating decent restaurants, choosing tours, considering how to get from A to B and deciding what you can realistically fit into a limited amount of time is not everyone’s idea of fun.
If you simply don’t have the time or desire to research your trip but crave a unique, personalised holiday in Portugal, I can help.
My custom itinerary design service takes care of the planning and logistics, leaving you free to relax and succumb to Portugal’s charms without the hard work.
“Our trip was wonderful! Each day was so much fun, and every detail was perfect… I’ve been meaning to write to you everyday to thank you for putting together such a spectacular trip for us. The hotels were amazing, the pace just right, and the food was so good! You have spoiled us for all future travel!” – Lucy Irwin
Since moving to Portugal 11 years ago I’ve discovered the best the country has to offer and found secret spots that are dear to me yet often overlooked by guidebooks. I’ve also developed a network of trusted contacts all over the country.
Having spent thousands of hours researching, writing about and taking people on trips within Portugal I know which places you can easily visit without a guide and when having a local expert with you would considerably enhance your experience.
You’ll get my honest, independent recommendations based on my love for and knowledge of places that most travel agents have never even been to.
“Julie’s deep knowledge of Portugal, her careful listening to our questions, and the quick response time. Very easy to work with a native English speaker! Working with Julie Dawn Fox reminded me — once again — that advice from a real human being always surpasses anything you can find on the internet.” – Heidi Yorkshire
How does my Portugal itinerary design service work?
- Simply get in touch using the form below with brief details about what you’re looking for.
- I’ll send you a detailed questionnaire designed to help me learn as much as possible about what you’d be thrilled about during your trip and what to avoid at all costs.
- Decide whether you would prefer:
- Fully managed: my trusted local partner travel agency will take care of the bookings and payments for you
- Self-booking: I give you the contact details and you make the bookings
- When I’ve received your completed questionnaire and I’m sure I can help, I’ll send you a payment request for the initial itinerary design fee of €200 (see FAQs below).
- Once I’ve received your payment, I’ll email you an outline itinerary, usually within 3 working days. This includes:
- type and location of accommodation, e.g. 4-star boutique hotel in Lisbon city centre
- type of tour or activity, e.g. half-day private walking tour of Porto’s historical highlights
- type of sight, e.g. visit a contemporary art gallery renowned for its collection, architecture and gardens
- type of activity, e.g. a self-guided 3-hour circular hike along the beautiful Alentejo coastline
- most important logistics such as travel time and method between cities, e.g. train from Coimbra to Porto (approx. 1 hour)
- You can request changes or ask for more information until you are happy with the way you’ll be spending your time in Portugal.
The next stage depends on how you have chosen to book your trip:
Fully managed itinerary
If you’re too busy to deal with all the nitty gritty details with individual suppliers, my trusted local travel agent partner will manage the reservations for you and look after you during your trip.
With this option, the prepaid itinerary design fee of €200 will be discounted against the total cost of your holiday.
You’ll get the best of both worlds. Independent travel advice and recommendations from a Portugal insider combined with the ease, customer service and security of booking through a licensed travel agent who is able to deal with problems that may arise before or during your trip.
You may prefer to book up the hotels, tours and transport yourself.
In this case, once you’re happy with the outlined itinerary, you’ll pay any additional itinerary design fees based on the number of travel days (see FAQs for rates). I will then flesh out the written itinerary to include the specific information you’ll need about hotels, restaurants, transport, sights and tours.
Either way, your final itinerary includes:
- Written day-by-day itinerary
- Details of a carefully selected accommodation option for each night
- At least one restaurant recommendation for each day
- Practical information about the best way to get from one destination to the next (whether it be private transfers, by public transport or self-drive)
- Information about suitable guided tours where relevant
- Information about activities you can do without a guide where appropriate
- Portugal Travel Information Essentials PDF
- Portugal Packing List PDF
“We’ve just got back from Portugal and everything was perfect by major part thanks to your help.” – Evgeniya
Complete this form and I’ll email you with a quote and questionnaire
Portugal Itinerary Design FAQs and T&Cs
Happy to do more of the planning work yourself?
If you would rather be more involved in researching and building your own itinerary, you might find my Quick Query consultation services suit you better.
BEFORE YOU GO...
If you're interested in visiting or moving to Portugal, why not get my free insider tips and resources by email? These newsletters also include blog updates and information about relevant products, services and special offers.