Why choose a holiday apartment in Lisbon when you could stay in one of the gorgeous hotels and guesthouses available?
Well, if space is important to you then a serviced apartment in Lisbon is perfect. From kitchens that come with all you need for making simple meals to comfy living rooms for relaxing after a full day of sightseeing.
Staying in an apartment is also a great way to get to know the city on an intimate level, just like a local, as you’ll be popping to the local market or supermarket for groceries and treats.
If you’re travelling as a group, you can book a two or three bedroomed apartment and save quite a bit of money compared to having several hotel rooms.
To make things easy for you, I’ve selected a range of holiday apartments in Lisbon city centre, with quality, value and comfort in mind. Some are luxurious, some quirky, and they are all certain to make your stay in Lisbon memorable.
Note: If you’re uncertain as to which neighbourhood you want base yourself in, take a look at my article about the best areas and accommodation in Lisbon if you’re coming for a sightseeing trip. If you’re looking for the best area to live in Lisbon, there are other neighbourhoods you may wish to consider.
A small oasis in old town Lisbon
1. To begin your Lisbon holiday in style, try 54 São Paulo – Exclusive Apartment Hotel. You’ll find really beautiful apartments that have recently been renovated with a lot of love and attention to detail. The accommodation consists of two buildings separated by a beautiful interior garden.
You can choose an apartment, studio or penthouse, some of which offer a balcony, terrace or private garden. Everything is sparkling clean. Check out the choice of apartments
For a wide choice of really lovely apartments check out Plum Guide. All homes have to pass meticulous tests and independent vetting before being accepted.
Experience tiles and ceramics in the heart of Lisbon
You have a choice of apartments with one or two spacious and bright bedrooms, all fully equipped for a pleasant stay. There are also some lovely views to enjoy, too. Choose an apartment with a view.
A luxury apartment in the centre of Lisbon
3. Residentas Aurea provides large, clean studios and comfortable apartments. It’s close to monuments and well equipped for a relaxing stay. There’s an elevator and communication with the hosts is fast and reliable. Take a look at these spacious apartments.
Enjoy Alfama with its famous views
4. Located in 4 typical Portuguese buildings, .Lisbon Best Choice Apartments Alfama is set in the oldest part of Lisbon, near the Fado Museum and Santa Apolonia train station. You have a wide choice of apartments, some offering views over the rooftops towards the Tagus River. Be aware that the location does mean that staircases can be narrow. Book an apartment with a river view.
5. Tandem Palacio Alfama Suites are complete, modern and bright apartments in the heart of Alfama. Each suite has its own kitchen, laundry room and living area and the complex excels by offering not just an outdoor pool and garden, but also a gym. The receptionist is very friendly and helpful. Book an apartment now!
6. If you’re a cinema buff and would like to expand your knowledge of the great films of the golden age of Portuguese cinema then ON/SET Alfama – Lisbon Cinema Apartments could be just the place to stay. Each apartment tries to capture the essence of the neighbourhood. Not only are the premises sparkling clean, you won’t find a better concierge than Rui anywhere. Check out the views from the apartment with terrace.
A special place to stay for art lovers
7. For a fabulous art-fuelled apartment try Lisbon Art Stay Apartments Baixa. Each of the apartments are awash with colour. An elevator saves on those stairs and you can relax with a drink on the rooftop terrace. The penthouse apartment is located on the 6th floor and offers a stunning view of downtown Lisbon and the river. Very helpful and friendly staff. You must take a look at these photos!
Designer artwork in each apartment
9. In a fully renovated 1960s building the The Lisbonaire Apartments offers studios and one bedroomed apartments. Each apartment has artwork by various Portuguese designers inspired by the heritage of downtown Lisbon. Guests can also use the rooftop terrace, gym, and lounge room with library. An added bonus is that private parking is available on-site. Choose your favourite apartment.
Chill out in an apartment in Chiado
10. With such a wide choice of apartments and studios, Chiado Arty Flats are a great option. Located within a building that once housed the República newspaper, all accommodation features a unique industrial-style décor from an award-winning architect.
Throughout, you’ll find colourful vinyls on the walls taken from the graffiti of the nearby Bairro Alto neighbourhood. Friendly staff will do their utmost to make your stay enjoyable. Take a look at some of the colourful bedrooms.
11. Lisbon Serviced Apartments – Chiado Emenda offer 28 apartments with beautifully spacious living area and bathrooms spread over 4 floors, all serviced via an elevator. The building is well-located and very clean throughout and the accommodation comes equipped with everything you may need for a pleasant stay. Book your apartment now
12. Residentas Apostolos offers 7 spacious and elegantly designed apartments situated in an 18th century building. Each apartment includes a lovely living room and a well equiped kitchen. This is a really beautiful place to spend your time in Lisbon. Choose a spacious apartment.
Take in views of Figueira Square or the iconic São Jorge Castle
14. Located right across from the iconic Praça da Figueira, The Visionaire Apartments offer a range of superb apartments, studios and suites. Besides the charm of the square, you can get views of the castle and river. The furnishings reference what it would have been like in a 16th century merchant’s house. Apartments come with king-sized beds and are accessible via elevator. Relax in the library, furnished with antiques and exotic pieces and overlooking the square. Check out the suite with the landmark views.
If you’re looking for ideas for what to do during your stay in Lisbon, check out these posts: